Poultry farming is a viable business anytime any day. The chicken industry is one of the most successful sectors. In a little over 70 years, the chicken industry, especially the broiler sector, has evolved from being fragmented and locally oriented, into something that is highly efficient, and increasingly supplying customers nationwide and around the globe.
Starting a Poultry Farming Business with Niche Ideas–
Some of the areas of specialization in the poultry farm business includes;
- Chicken meat production
- Egg production
- Poultry feed production
- Processing of chicken meat and eggs
- Packaging and marketing of poultry products
- Manufacturing of poultry equipment
- Poultry marketing and consultancy services
- Administration of poultry vaccines and medicines
- Sales of poultry equipment
Major Factors that makes Poultry Farming a Profitable Business
- Food is one of the basic needs of man. Regardless of the economic situation, human beings must feed and since domestic birds are consumable; that makes poultry farming feasible.
- Our country India for instance has a population of 1.324 billion and growing; bear it in mind that a huge population means a huge demand for food (egg and meat).
- With the increased awareness on the health implications of red meat; there’s an increased demand for white meat and birds are a source of white meat.
Running a Poultry Farm Business Successfully-
For any entrepreneur who knows what they are doing, running a poultry farm can be a very lucrative business especially if you have the right information at your finger tips and also the technical know-how needed to be able to run the poultry farm business.
Having an in-depth knowledge of the poultry business, you should seek to network with other poultry farmers as well as poultry farm association bodies. This will help especially in situations when there is an outbreak of diseases that could affect your livestock. Tips and advices from your peers will help in saving your investment and also ensure that the business is run successfully.